Friday, September 19, 2008

Someone get me a paper bag quick!

Breathe-in, breathe-out. Breathe-in, breathe-out. Deeeeep Breath. Okay....I think I'm alright.

Since we've moved to the south we have gone through some food eatery withdrawals. There have been many, but I will only list a few here.

It all started with 7-11 (you know, the convenience store). For some strange reason Paul loves 7-11 1/4 lb. big bite hot dogs. It was one of our midnight stops during the college years. South Carolina (and MS for that matter) do not have any 7-11's. Okay, there was a 7-11 in South Carolina, but it was a fishing bait shop. Didn't quite hit the spot, you know? Luckily we happen to go on vacation to places where 7-11 still exists and we always make a stop no matter what time it is.

There was also no Panda Express (my all-time favorite Chinese fast food restaurant while in Utah). I still have not found a replacement for yummy Chinese food. Paul is rather indifferent to this one as he really doesn't care for Chinese food. (Weirdo)

When we moved to MS we lost Fudruckers. And let me just tell you how glad I was we moved after I had Lana because I CRAVED Fudrucker burgers while I was prego with her. (my mouth is watering just thinking about it, mmmmmmm......) We usually try and make a stop when we visit Paul's parents in DC.

Here's the one that made my hyperventilate tonight...There is NO Little Caesars Pizza in the 'burg! Oh, my gosh. I thought Little Caesars was like McDonald's. There's always one close by!? Oh Crazy Bread, how I will miss thee.

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Seriously...don't they have Kmart in MS? Surely there would be a Little Caesar's inside Kmart!?! We just had pizza pizza and crazy bread for Brityn's birthday. Yummy! Sorry you don't live closer!

Manda Panda said...

Girl, you make me laugh! This is Amanda Scott, by the way. I feel your pain on the Little Caesar's thing. We actually had one way back in the day, but it closed down. Growing up, it was always my FAVE pizza. There's just something about that square pizza...I don't know what it is, but it rocks!

Julie Sacks said...

What kind of place does not have Little Caesars? And I was shocked when we got to Ohio and no 7-11. I miss there hot chocolate, tell Paul he is weird for liking their hot dogs. How have you been these days anyway, hows the house thing coming along?

Jennifer said...

So sad. Little Caesars has become our dinner crutch lately- you can't beat $5! I don't know what we'd do otherwise. The closest 7-Eleven to us is 20 minutes away- too far for me to go just for a slurpee fix (hot dogs? bleh). The price of gas just makes it a really expensive slurpee. And Panda Express? It's grown on me. Never have I been a big Chinese food person but the orange chicken has won me over (I used to always get sweet & sour chicken when Nate dragged me there- they have since taken it off their menu). I still miss Friendly's from VA.