Friday, February 15, 2008

$3.25 Cupcakes


Okay, so the other day I was flipping through the channels and happened upon Martha Stewart doing a segment on cupcakes. Who doesn't love cupcakes? So I stopped to watch. This woman who was doing the demo apparently started her own chain of exclusive cupcake stores (they sell nothing but cupcakes apparently) and she's opening up more stores in the future. She sells each individual cupcake for $3.25. I'm thinking to myself, these cupcakes have to be good for people to be paying $3.25 for a small cake when you can go to the grocery store, buy a cake mix and make 24 cupcakes for under $2. Anyway, I got the recipe off of Martha Stewarts website and made these for our Valentine's Day treats. Now that I've had them, I will admit that I would probably pay $3.25 for these cupcakes, yes they were that good. Of course I would only be able to eat one once in a blue moon because the cupcake recipe and frosting recipe combined take 3 sticks of real butter and only produce 12 cupcakes. (everythings better with butter right?) So here's my picture of my masterpiece cupcakes. They're called Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry frosting. Sadly, though, when I went to get out my cupcake liners I had only 11. Ugh. Here's the link to the recipe.



Here's Lana, a very happy girl after I let her lick the frosting off of the spatula.

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

Ummm, yeah, I will be trying those out this next week thank you very much! They look and sound amazing.