14 years ago
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Creepy guy in Dallas airport
Okay, so we are sitting at our gate at DFW waiting for our plane. I'm feeding Tanner and Lana is doing the Crayola finger paints. This guy sitting at the same gate stands up and walks toward us with his luggage in tow. We are sitting in the chairs up against the wall, there's really no reason for him to be walking toward us. He says no word whatsoever, just walks up to the empty chair at the end of the row and deposits his luggage next to us and then leaves. Okay, totally scary especially listening to the recorded message that plays throughout the entire airport that says to please report any unattended luggage (or something to that effect). What am I supposed to do about that? I seriously was tempted to turn him in to airport security. Things started going through my mind like, what was this guy wearing? Could I describe him if I was asked to? Could I pick him out of a line up? Then I started rationalizing to myself that this guy really didn't look scary, maybe he needed to go to the bathroom and didn't want to take his luggage. Then I thought, what if it was some kind of airport test. Like I was supposed to report this guy and I am failing to do so. Then the guy walks past the gate 3 times without coming to get his luggage. Then I started getting mad. Why did he deposit his luggage next to us? Why am I wasting my time worrying about this guys stuff? Then I wanted to report his abandoned luggage just to teach him a lesson. Why should I feel responsible for this guys luggage when he obviously doesn't care much for his valuables. For all he knows we could've been criminals and stolen his stuff. (Criminals have kids too you know.) In the end, I did nothing and he was nothing more than a business man traveling to Vicksburg, MS. However, he will forever be the creepy guy in the Dallas airport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey you have been tagged, check out my latest post to see what you need to do!
Post a Comment