One moment Lana is happily playing in Tanner's room. The next thing I know she's decked out in a winter hat and gloves. First of all, that's Tanner's hat and glove and yes that's Tanner's sock on the other hand posing as a glove. She kept telling me it was cold outside (granted it was cold today, 50-something for a high after a near 90 last week). Then she started talking about snow. I'm still traumatized after our 4 days of non-stop snow in Utah earlier this year!
As we were walking out the door today Lana spotted a bug on the rug. So she smushed it with her shoe and then ran to get a kleenex and cleaned it up just like daddy does. Unfortunately (for me because we are in bug season and I'm already sick of them crawling around my house) what she smashed was only a clump of grass. I'm not sure that she'll be that meticulous when it's something that actually moves.
Okay, one last Lana story for the day...I'm pretty sure that our electric bill is going to double this month. Why you may ask? Because Lana is continually turning on the lights. I will concede that she does turn off the lights (rarely and only when I tell her to). Everytime I turn around she's got a light on (and it's the middle of the day). Today I found the back porch and flood light on as well as the 2 sets of front room lights, the front porch and flood light and the dining room light all on. At the same time. And Lana was in none of these areas. (Insert exhausted breath here) I'm tired of turning off lights.
Oh, and Lana went through atleast 4 outfits over the course of today. Not because she was dirty, but because she couldn't decide if she wanted to wear overalls, pants, or 2 different dresses. Yay, lucky me! (sarcastic remark)
As for Tanner, he had a fairly quiet day. He's finally built enough strength up to roll his solid self onto his belly. Of course then he gets all mad because he can't turn back the other way. It's cute until he does it when he's taking a nap, then I'm constantly going in there to flip the little pancake over until he falls asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment